MicroCodeZ Trademark & Brand Guidelines
When referring to
You may use MicroCodeZ trademarks in text solely to refer to and/or link to MicroCodeZ's products and services and in accordance with the terms of these Guidelines.
You may not:
- use MicroCodeZ logos, logotypes, icons, trade dress or other elements of MicroCodeZ packaging, websites or materials unless specifically permitted under these Guidelines or other applicable guidelines;
- use the trademarks in the name of your business, product, service, app, domain name, social media account, or other offering (with the exception of seminars and conferences, which are covered by the Publications, Seminars, and Conferences Guidelines (see details below);
- use the trademarks more prominently than your product or service name;
- use the trademarks on promotional merchandise that you are selling or distributing (such as t-shirts, travel mugs, etc.);
- do or say anything or use the trademarks in a way that implies affiliation with, or sponsorship, endorsement or approval by MicroCodeZ of your products or services;
- alter, animate, or distort the trademarks or combine them with any other symbols, words, images or designs, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan;
- use the trademarks in any way that is contrary to these Guidelines and/or the Publications, Seminars, and Conferences Guidelines (see details below).
Your registered publisher name and everything about your app—name, logo, description, screenshots—must be unique and free of MicroCodeZ trademarks unless (1) you've secured permission from MicroCodeZ through a license or equivalent (though such licenses are not generally available in this context); or (2) you're only using a MicroCodeZ trademark (not including logos) to describe that your product is designed to work in conjunction with a MicroCodeZ product or service and as long as your app logo and/or name:
- does not suggest/give the impression your app is actually published by, affiliated with or endorsed by MicroCodeZ; and
- denotes your own unique brand so as to clearly signal to users that there is no affiliation or endorsement by MicroCodeZ.
In addition, MicroCodeZ logos cannot be used as a source identifier for your app icon.
Publications, Seminars, and Conferences
You may refer to MicroCodeZ product, service, and technology names on the cover of magazines and periodicals and in the title of seminars and conferences, pursuant to the Publications, Seminars, and Conferences Guidelines (see details below).
Social Media Guidelines
The name of your social media account, any and all pages or communities, cannot begin with a MicroCodeZ trademark. In addition, MicroCodeZ logos cannot be used in a way that might suggest affiliation with MicroCodeZ, including, but not limited to, the account, profile, or header images. The only exceptions to these requirements are if (1) you've secured permission from MicroCodeZ through a license or equivalent (though such licenses are not generally available in this context); or (2) you're using a MicroCodeZ trademark (not including logos) to describe the purpose of your account, page, or community provided that:
- you are not suggesting affiliation with or endorsement by MicroCodeZ; and,
- your account does not use the name or likeness of any prominent individuals within MicroCodeZ.
For example, you cannot name your account, page, or community "MicroCodeZ" or "MicroCodeZ Products". However, it would be acceptable to name your account, page, or community "Apps for MicroCodeZ" or "Information about MicroCodeZ Products" as long as you do not use the BeM or MicroCodeZ logos or otherwise suggest any affiliation with MicroCodeZ.
Specific Brand Guidelines
In addition to the above, specific Brand Guidelines exist for certain MicroCodeZ offerings. Select the relevant brand below for its specific Brand Guidelines. For brands not listed, consult your MicroCodeZ contact.
Publications, Seminars, & Conferences Guidelines
These Publications, Seminars, and Conferences Guidelines allow you to use MicroCodeZ word-only
You may use the Marks in the title of publications, seminars, and conferences provided:
- the Marks are directly related to a specific MicroCodeZ product or service that is referenced in the publication, seminar, or conference;
- your name and logo appears more prominently than the Mark on all printed materials related to the publication, seminar, or conference;
- you prominently display a disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by MicroCodeZ like the example below, on the publication and/or any related print materials:
[Title] is an independent [publication / seminar / conference] and is neither affiliated with, nor authorized, sponsored, or approved by, MIcroCodeZ Pty Ltd.
You may not:
- use the Marks as the leading word or most prominent element in your publication, seminar, or conference title;
- use the Marks more prominently than your product, service, or company name;
- use the Marks in a way that may cause confusion about ownership of the Mark or whether your product or service is a MicroCodeZ product;
- use the Marks on promotional merchandise that you are selling or distributing (such as t-shirts, travel mugs, etc.);
- use the Marks in a way that would damage MicroCodeZ's reputation or goodwill in the Marks;
- alter, animate, or distort the Marks or combine them with any other symbols, words, images or designs, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan; or
- use any MicroCodeZ logos.
If you include a trademark footnote in your materials to give notice of ownership of your trademarks or third party trademarks, you must add the following wording to your trademark footnote: "All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners."
MicroCodeZ is the sole owner of the Marks and associated goodwill. MicroCodeZ will be the sole beneficiary of any goodwill associated with your use of the Marks.
MicroCodeZ reserves all rights not expressly granted herein.
MicroCodeZ may revoke these Publications, Seminars, and Conference Guidelines, generally or as applied to your use, at any time at its sole discretion.
For More Information
If your proposed use falls outside of these Guidelines or the Brand specific guidelines linked to above, the use is not permitted unless you seek approval from an appropriate contact within MicroCodeZ.
If you have a question, please consult your legal counsel or your MicroCodeZ business contact.