MicroCodeZ Privacy Statement
Last Updated: February 2022
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data MicroCodeZ collects from you, through our interactions with you and through our products, and how we use that data.
MicroCodeZ offers a wide range of products, from server products used to help operate enterprises worldwide, devices you use in your home, software students use at university and services developers use to create and host what's next. References to MicroCodeZ products in this statement include MicroCodeZ services, websites, apps, software, servers, and devices.
Please read the product-specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional information about some of MicroCodeZ products. This statement applies to MicroCodeZ's interactions with you and the MicroCodeZ products listed below, as well as other MicroCodeZ products that display this statement.
- MicroCodeZ Business e-Management can be referred to as MCZ BeM
- MicroCodeZ Cloud can be referred to as MCZ Cloud
- MicroCodeZ Store can be referred to as MCZ Store
- MicroCodeZ Account can be referred to as MCZ Account
- MicroCodeZ Business e-Management API can be referred to as MCZ BeM API
- MicroCodeZ API can be referred to as MCZ API
- MicroCodeZ GitLab can be referred to as MCZ GitLab
Personal Data That We Collect
MicroCodeZ collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our products. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you create a MicroCodeZ account, administer your organisation's licensing account, submit a search query to MicroCodeZ or successor site designated by MicroCodeZ, register for a MicroCodeZ event, speak a voice command to one of the MicroCodeZ applications or successor site designated by MicroCodeZ, upload a document to one of the MicroCodeZ applications or successor site designated by MicroCodeZ, purchase any MicroCodeZ applications or services or any other product/service on successor site designated by MicroCodeZ, sign up for MicroCodeZ account or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with our products by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device.
We also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time, but have included:
- Data brokers from which we purchase demographic data to supplement the data we collect.
- Social networks when you grant permission to a MicroCodeZ product to access your data on one or more networks.
- Service providers that help us determine a location based on your IP address in order to customize certain products to your location.
- Partners with which we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities, and;
- Publicly-available sources such as open government databases or other data in the public domain.
You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide a product or feature, you may not be able to use that product or feature.
The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with MicroCodeZ, the choices you make, including your privacy settings, and the products and features you use. The data we collect can include the following:
Name and contact data: We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number and other similar contact data.
Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Demographic data: We collect data about you such as your age, gender, country and preferred language.
Payment data: We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
Device and Usage data: We collect data about your device and how you and your device interact with MicroCodeZ and our products. For example, we collect:
- Product use data: We collect data about the features you use, the items you purchase and the web pages you visit. This data includes your voice and text search queries or commands to any of our websites and applications. This also includes the settings you select and the software configurations you use most.
- Device, connectivity and configuration data: We collect data about your device and the network you use to connect to our products. It includes data about the operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. It also includes IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), regional and language settings.
- Error reports and performance data: We are using
- Troubleshooting and Help Data: When you engage MicroCodeZ for troubleshooting and help, we collect data about you and your hardware, software and other details related to the incident. Such data includes contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with MicroCodeZ, data about the condition of the machine and the application when the fault occurred and during diagnostics, and system and registry data about software installations and hardware configurations.
Interests and favorites: We collect data about your interests and favorites, such as which areas in our platform and any successor website designated by MicroCodeZ you prefer, the industry in which applications you choose. In addition to those you explicitly provide, your interests and favorites may also be inferred or derived from other data we collect.
Contacts and relationships: We collect data about your contacts and relationships if you use a MicroCodeZ product to manage contacts, for example MicroCodeZ Business e-Management platform, or to communicate or interact with other people or organizations, for example, MCZ Chat.
Location data: For products with location-enhanced features, we collect data about your location, which can be either precise or imprecise. Precise location data can be Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) data (e.g. GPS), as well as data identifying nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots, we collect when you enable location-based products or features. Imprecise location data includes, for example, a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates where you are located with less precision, such as at a city or postcode level.
Content: We collect the content of your files and communications when necessary to provide you with the products you use. For example, if you transmit a file using MCZ Chat to another MCZ Chat user, we need to collect the content of that file to display it to you and the other user as you direct. If you receive an email using any MicroCodeZ successor website, we need to collect the content of that email to deliver it to your inbox, display it to you, enable you to reply to it and store it for you until you choose to delete it. Other data we collect to provide communication services to you include the:
- subject line and body of an email,
- text or other content of an instant message,
- audio and video recording of a video message, and
- audio recording and transcript of a voice message you receive or a text message you dictate.
Video: If you enter MicroCodeZ Office locations or other facilities or attend a MicroCodeZ event, your image may be captured by our security cameras.
We also collect information you provide to us and the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you write, or questions and information you provide for customer support. When you contact us, such as for customer support, phone conversations or chat sessions with our representatives may be monitored and recorded.
Product-specific sections below describe data collection practices applicable to use of those products.
How We Use Personal Data
MicroCodeZ uses the data we collect for three basic purposes, described in more detail below: (1) to operate our business and provide (including improving and personalizing) the products we offer, (2) to send communications, including promotional communications, and (3) to show advertising, whether in our own products supported by advertising like MCZ Store, or in products offered by third parties.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data that we collect to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalized experience. For example, MCZ Store can use the favorite application you add to the MicroCodeZ Store app to provide information relevant to your interests, MicroCodeZ Store can use information about the apps and services you use to make personalized app recommendations. However, to enhance privacy, we have built-in technological and procedural safeguards designed to prevent certain data combinations. For example, we store data we collect from you when you are unauthenticated (not signed in) separately from any account information that directly identifies you, such as your name, email address or phone number.
Providing and improving our products: We use data to provide and improve the products we offer and perform essential business operations. This includes operating the products, maintaining and improving the performance of the products, developing new features, conducting research and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing the Products: We use data to carry out your transactions with us and to provide our products to you. Often, those products include personalized features and recommendations that enhance your productivity and enjoyment and automatically tailor your product experiences based on the data we have about your activities, interests, and location.
- Customer support: We use data to diagnose product problems, fix product bugs and provide other customer care and support services.
- Product Activation: We use data - such as device and application type, location and unique device, application, network and subscription identifiers - to activate software and devices that require activation.
- Product Improvement: We use data to continually improve our products, including adding new features or capabilities. For example, we use error reports to improve security features, search queries and clicks in MCZ Store to improve the relevancy of the search results, usage data to determine what new features to prioritize, and audio recordings from voice input feature to improve speech recognition accuracy.
- Security, Safety, and Dispute Resolution: We use data to protect the security and safety of our products and our customers, to detect and prevent fraud, to confirm the validity of software licenses, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements . Our security features and products can disrupt the operation of malicious software and notify users if malicious software is found on their devices. For example, some of our communications and file syncing products, such as MCZ Cloud or MCZ GitLab, systematically scan content in an automated manner to identify suspected spam, viruses, abusive actions or URLs that have been flagged as fraud, phishing or malware links; and we may block delivery of a communication or remove content if it violates our terms.
- Business Operations: We use data to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
Communications: We use data we collect to communicate with you and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by phone or email or other means to inform you when a subscription is ending, discuss your licensing account, let you know when security updates are available, remind you about items left in your online shopping basket, update you or inquire about a service or repair request, invite you to participate in a survey, or tell you that you need to take action to keep your account active. Additionally, you can sign up for email subscriptions and choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from MicroCodeZ by email, SMS, post and telephone. For information about managing your contact data, email subscriptions and promotional communications, please visit the Access and Controls section of this privacy statement.
Advertising: MicroCodeZ does not use what you say in email, chat, video calls or voicemail, or your documents, photos or other personal files to target ads to you.
We use data we collect through our interactions with you, through some of our products and on third-party web properties, to show advertising. For example:
- MicroCodeZ may use your data to select and deliver some of the ads you see on MicroCodeZ web properties, such as microcodez.com, bem.microcodez.com or MCZ Business e-Management platform delivered to you or any successor website designated by MicroCodeZ.
The ads that you see may be selected based on data we process about you, such as your interests and favorites, your location, your transactions, how you use our products, your search queries or the content you view. For example, if you view content on MCZ Store about IT industry, we may show advertisements about IT; if you search "accounting on cloud " on MCZ Store, you may see advertisements in your search results for accounting softwares.
The ads that you see may also be selected based on other information learned about you over time using demographic data, location data, search queries, interests and favorites, usage data from our products and sites, as well as the sites and apps of our advertisers and partners. We refer to these ads as "interest-based advertising" in this statement.
Further details regarding our advertising-related uses of data include:
- Children and Advertising: We do not deliver interest-based advertising to children whose birth date in their MicroCodeZ account identifies them as under 13 years of age.
- Data Retention: For interest-based advertising, we retain data for no more than 13 months, unless we obtain your consent to retain the data longer.
- Data Sharing: In some cases, we share with advertisers reports about the data that we have collected on their sites or ads.
- Data Collected by Other Advertising Companies: Advertisers sometimes include their own web beacons (or those of their other advertising partners) within their advertisements that we display, enabling them to set and read their own cookie. Additionally, MicroCodeZ partners with third-party ad companies to help provide some of our advertising services, and we also allow other third-party ad companies to display advertisements on our sites. These third parties may place cookies on your computer and collect data about your online activities across websites or online services.
Reasons We Share Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorised. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you send an email to a friend, share photos and documents on MCZ BeM or link accounts with another service. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
In addition, we share personal data among MicroCodeZ-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails in MCZ Mail, or files in private folders on MCZ Cloud), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our products, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our products, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect the rights or property of MicroCodeZ, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services - however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property belonging to MicroCodeZ, we will not inspect a customer's private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
For more information about data that we disclose in response to requests from law enforcement and other government agencies.
Please note that some of our products include links to products of third parties whose privacy practices differ from MicroCodeZ's. If you provide personal data to any of those products, your data is governed by their privacy statements.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can view, edit or delete your personal data online for many MicroCodeZ products. You can also make choices about MicroCodeZ's collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which products you use. For example:
- microcodez.com: You can access and update your profile on microcodez.com by visiting the
- If you are using our MicroCodeZ Business e-Management platform for your business, then your data is managed by your organization, please refer to your system administrators for details.
If you cannot access certain personal data collected by MicroCodeZ via the links above or directly via the MicroCodeZ products that you use, you can always contact MicroCodeZ by using our microcodez.com/contact. We will respond to requests to access or delete your personal data within 30 days.
Your Communications Preferences
You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional communications from MicroCodeZ by email, SMS, postal mail and telephone. If you receive promotional email or SMS messages from us and would like to opt out, you can do so by following the directions in those messages. You can also make choices about the receipt of promotional email, telephone calls and post by signing in with your personal
- Cookie Controls: Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described in the Cookies section of this privacy statement.
- Tracking Protection: Some browsers like Google Chrome has a feature called Tracking Protection that will block third-party content, including cookies, from any site that is listed in a Tracking Protection List you add. By limiting calls to these sites, the browser will limit the information that these third-party sites can collect about you.
- Browser Controls for "Do Not Track". Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track " (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites that you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, MicroCodeZ services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat DNT signals. In the meantime, you can use the range of other tools that we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from MicroCodeZ as described above.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
- Storing your Preferences and Settings: Settings that enable our products to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time may be stored on your device. For example, if you enter your city or postcode to get local news or weather information on a MicroCodeZ website, we may store that data in a cookie so that you will see the relevant local information when you return to the site. We also save preferences, such as language, browser and multimedia player settings, so those do not have to be reset each time you return to the site. If you opt out of interest-based advertising, we store your opt-out preference in a cookie on your device.
- Sign-in and Authentication: When you sign into a website using your personal MicroCodeZ account, we store a unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Storing Information You Provide to a Website: When you provide information, or add products to a shopping basket when shopping on MicroCodeZ websites, we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added.
- Social Media: Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate the main reasons we typically set cookies. If you visit one of our websites, the site may set some or all of the following cookies but not limited to:
- MCZ Auth - Helps to authenticate you when you sign in with your MicroCodeZ account.
- Ads Opt Out - Records your decision not to receive interest-based advertising delivered by MicroCodeZ.
In addition to the cookies MicroCodeZ sets when you visit our websites, third parties may also set cookies when you visit MicroCodeZ sites. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties' web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services.
How to Control Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, in Microsoft Edge, you can block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers may be available in each browser's privacy or help documentation.
Certain features of MicroCodeZ products depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
Additional privacy controls that can impact cookies, including the Tracking Protection feature of MicroCodeZ browsers, are described in the Access and Control section of this privacy statement.
Our Use of Web Beacons and Analytics Services
MicroCodeZ web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver cookies on our websites, count users who have visited those websites and deliver co-branded products. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
In addition to placing web beacons on our own websites, we sometimes work with other companies to place our web beacons on their websites or in their advertisements. This helps us develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on a MicroCodeZ website results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser's website.
Finally, MicroCodeZ products often contain web beacons or similar technologies from third-party analytics providers, which help us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. These technologies enable the analytics providers to set or read their own cookies or other identifiers on your device, through which they can collect information about your online activities across applications, websites or other products. However, we prohibit these analytics providers from using web beacons on our sites to collect or access information that directly identifies you (such as your name or email address).
Notice to End Users
Many MicroCodeZ products are intended for use by organizations and are administered to you by your organization. Your use of MicroCodeZ products may be subject to your organisation's policies, if any. If your organization is administering your use of the MicroCodeZ products, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator. When you use social features of such products, other users in your network may see some of your activity. To learn more about the social features and other functionality, please review documentation or help content specific to the MicroCodeZ product. MicroCodeZ is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
If you use an email address provided by an organization you are affiliated with, such as an employer or school, to access MicroCodeZ online services, the owner of the domain (e.g. your employer) associated with your email address may: (i) control and administer your MicroCodeZ online services account and (ii) access and process your data, including the contents of your communications and files.
With a MicroCodeZ account, you can sign into MicroCodeZ products, as well as those of select MicroCodeZ partners. When you create your own MicroCodeZ account, we refer to that account as a personal MicroCodeZ account. When you sign into products that use Active Directory (AD) with an email address from your employer or school, we refer to that account as a managed account.
Creating and using your personal MicroCodeZ account: When you create a personal MicroCodeZ account, you will be asked for certain personal data and we will assign a unique ID number to identify your account and associated information. While some products, such as those involving payment, require a real name, you can sign into and use some MicroCodeZ products without providing your real name. Some data you provide, such as your display name, email address and phone number, can be used to help others find and connect with you within MicroCodeZ products. For example, people who know your display name, email address or phone number can use it to search for you on MCZ Chat and send you an invite to connect with them. Note that if you use a managed email address to create a personal MicroCodeZ account, and your employer or school that issued that address begins managing that account with Active Directory (AD), you will need to update the email address associated with your personal MicroCodeZ account in order to continue accessing MicroCodeZ products that do not use AD (such as microcodez.com).
Signing in: When you sign into your MicroCodeZ account, we create a record of your sign-in, which includes the date and time, information about the product you signed into, your sign-in name, the unique number assigned to your account, a unique identifier assigned to your device, your IP address and your operating system and browser version.
Signing into MicroCodeZ: Signing into your account enables improved personalization, provides seamless and consistent experiences across products and devices, permits you to access and use cloud data storage, allows you to make payments using payment instruments stored in your MicroCodeZ account and enables other enhanced features and settings. When you sign into your account, you will stay signed in until you sign out. Some products will display your name or username and your profile photo (if you have added one to your profile) as part of your use of MicroCodeZ products, including in your communications, social interactions and public posts.
Signing into third-party products: If you sign into a third-party product with your MicroCodeZ account, you will be asked to consent to share the account data required by that product. The third party will also receive the version number assigned to your account (a new version number is assigned each time you change your sign-in data); and whether your account has been deactivated. If you have consented to share your profile data, the third party may display your name or username and your profile photo (if you have added one to your profile) when you are signed in to that third-party product. If you chose to make payments to third-party merchants using your MicroCodeZ account, MicroCodeZ will pass to the third party information stored in your MicroCodeZ account necessary to process your payment and fulfill your order (such as name, credit card number, billing and delivery addresses, and relevant contact information). The third party can use or share the data it receives when you sign in or make a purchase according to its own practices and policies. You should carefully review the privacy statement for each product you sign into and each merchant you purchase from to determine how it will use the data it collects.
Personal MicroCodeZ accounts received from third parties: If you received your personal MicroCodeZ account from a third party, like an Internet service provider, that third party may have rights over your account, including the ability to access or delete your MicroCodeZ account. You should carefully review any additional terms the third party provided you to understand what it can do with your account.
Using managed accounts: If your employer or school uses Active Directory (AD) to issue and manage the account it provides you, you can use your managed account to sign into MicroCodeZ products that use AD (such as MCZ Business e-Management). If required by your organization, you will also be asked to provide a phone number or an alternative email address for additional security verification. If you sign into MicroCodeZ products with a managed account, the owner of the domain associated with your email address may control and administer your account, and access and process your data, including the contents of your communications and files. Your use of the products may be subject to your organization's policies, if any. MicroCodeZ is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of these organizations, which may differ from those of MicroCodeZ. If your organization is administering your use of MicroCodeZ products, please direct your privacy inquiries to your administrator. See also: Notice to End Users section above.
Other Important Privacy Information
Below, you will find additional privacy information that you may find important.
European Privacy Rights
MicroCodeZ adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which if applicable includes the following rights:
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You have a right to request from us, a "data controller " as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
As applicable under French law, you can also send us specific instructions regarding the use of your personal data after your death.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of MicroCodeZ as described in the "How We Use Personal Data " and "Reasons We Share Personal Data " sections above. When we transfer personal data from the European Economic Area, we do so based on a variety of legal mechanisms, as described in "Where We Store and Process Personal Data " below.
Security of Personal Data
MicroCodeZ is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential data (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by MicroCodeZ may be stored and processed in your region, in Australia or in any other country where MicroCodeZ or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. MicroCodeZ maintains major data centers in Australia. Typically, the primary storage location is in the customer's region or in Australia, often with a backup to a data center in another region. The storage location(s) are chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections travel with your data. To learn more about the European Commission's decisions on the adequacy of the protection of personal data in the countries where MicroCodeZ processes personal data, please visit:
MicroCodeZ Pty Ltd complies with the
If you have a question or complaint related to MicroCodeZ's compliance with Australian entities and the EU General Data Protection Regulation, let us know via the
Our Retention of Personal Data
MicroCodeZ retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- How long is the personal data needed to provide the products and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of those products, keeping our systems secure and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- Do customers provide, create or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? Examples include a document you store in MCZ Business e-Management platform, or an email message you keep in your MCZ Mail inbox. In such cases, we maintain the data until you actively delete it, such as by moving an email from your MCZ Mail inbox to the Deleted Items folder, and then emptying that folder (when your Deleted Items folder is emptied, those emptied items remain in our system for up to 30 days before final deletion).
- Is there an automated control, such as in the MicroCodeZ privacy dashboard, that enables the customer to access and delete the personal data at any time? If there is not, a shortened data retention time will generally be adopted.
- Is the personal data of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
- Has MicroCodeZ adopted and announced a specific retention period for a certain data type? For example, for MCZ Store search queries, we de-identify stored queries by removing the entirety of the IP address after 6 months, and cookie IDs and other cross-session identifiers after 18 months.
- Has the user provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
- Is MicroCodeZ subject to a legal, contractual or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
Beta or Free of Charge Releases
MicroCodeZ offers beta or other free-of-charge products and features to enable you to evaluate them while providing feedback, including performance and usage data, to MicroCodeZ. As a result, previews can automatically collect additional data, provide fewer controls, and otherwise employ different privacy and security measures than those typically present in our products. If you participate in previews, we may contact you about your feedback or your interest in continuing to use the product after general release.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the statement and describe the changes in the Change History page. If there are material changes to the statement or in how MicroCodeZ will use your personal data, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how MicroCodeZ is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have a technical or support question, please visit
If you have a privacy concern, complaint or a question for the Chief Privacy Officer/Data Protection Officer of MicroCodeZ, please contact us by using our
Unless otherwise stated, MicroCodeZ Pty Ltd is a data controller for personal data we collect through the products subject to this statement. Our address is MicroCodeZ Pty Ltd, 15 Epidote Cl, Eagle Vale 2558, New South Wales, Australia. Telephone: (+61) 449938247.
To find the MicroCodeZ subsidiary in your country or region, see
Enterprise and Developer Products
Enterprise and Developer Products are MicroCodeZ products and related software offered and designed primarily for use by organizations and developers. They include:
- Cloud services referred to as MCZ Cloud, MCZ Business e-Management, MCZ Business e-Management API, MCZ Resources.
- Server and developer products, such as MCZ BeM Managed and MCZ BeM API Managed.
- Appliances and hardware used for storage infrastructure, such as MCZ Servers; and
- Developer services such as MCZ API, MCZ BeM API, MCZ Resources, MCZ GitLab, MCZ Projects.
In the event of a conflict between this MicroCodeZ privacy statement and the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and MicroCodeZ for Enterprise and Developer Products, the terms of those agreement(s) will control.
You can also learn more about our Enterprise and Developer Products' features and settings, including choices that impact your privacy or your end users' privacy, in product documentation.
General: When a customer tries, purchases, uses or subscribes to Enterprise and Developer Products, or obtains support for such products, MicroCodeZ collects data to provide the service, including uses compatible with providing the service, provide the best experiences with our products, operate our business and communicate with the customer. For example:
- When a customer engages with a MicroCodeZ sales representative, we collect the customer's name and contact data, along with information about the customer's organisation, to support that engagement.
- When a customer interacts with a MicroCodeZ support professional, we collect Device and Usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems.
- When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When a customer receives communications from MicroCodeZ, we use data to personalise the content of the communication.
MicroCodeZ Business e-Management
To provide the MCZ BeM, MicroCodeZ collects Customer Data, Administrator Data, Payment Data and Support Data.
Administrator Data is the information provided to MicroCodeZ during sign-up, purchase or administration of MCZ BeM. We use Administrator Data to provide the MCZ BeM Services, complete transactions, service the account and detect and prevent fraud. Administrator Data includes the name, address, phone number and email address you provide, as well as aggregated usage data related to your account, such as the controls you select. Administrator Data may also include contact information of your colleagues and friends if you agree to provide it to MicroCodeZ for the limited purpose of sending them an invitation to use the MCZ BeM; we may contact those individuals with communications that may include information about you, such as your name and profile photo.
As needed, we use Administrator Data to contact you to provide information about your account, subscriptions, billing and updates to the Enterprise Online Services, including information about new features, security or other technical issues. We may also contact you regarding third-party inquiries we receive regarding use of the MCZ BeM, as described in your agreement. You will not be able to unsubscribe from these non-promotional communications. Subject to your contact preferences, we may also contact you regarding information and offers about other products and services, or share your contact information with MicroCodeZ's partners. You may manage your contact preferences or update your information in your account profile.
MicroCodeZ Business e-Management - file storage
MCZ BeM lets you store and access your files on virtually any device. You can also share and collaborate on your files with others. Some versions of the MCZ BeM app enable you to access both your personal MCZ BeM by signing in with your personal MicroCodeZ account and your MCZ BeM by signing in with your Managed MicroCodeZ account as part of your organisation's use of MCZ BeM.
When you use MCZ BeM, we collect data about your usage of the service, as well as the content that you store, in order to provide, improve and protect the services. Examples include, indexing the contents of your MCZ BeM documents so that you can search for them later and using location information to enable you to search for photos based on where the photo was taken. We also collect device information so we can deliver personalised experiences, such as enabling you to sync content across devices and roam customised settings.
When you store content in MCZ BeM, that content will inherit the sharing permissions of the folder in which you store it. For example, if you store content in the public folder, the content will be public and available to anyone on the Internet who can find the folder. If you store content in a private folder, the content will be private.
When you share content to a social network like Facebook from a phone that you have synced with your MCZ BeM account, your content is either uploaded to that network or a link to that content is posted to that network. Content posted to social networks and hosted on MCZ BeM is accessible to anyone on that social network. To delete the content, you need to delete it from the social network and from MCZ BeM.
When you share your MCZ BeM content with your friends via a link, an email with the link is sent to those friends. The link contains an authorization code that allows anyone with the link to access your content. If one of your friends sends the link to other people, they will also be able to access your content, even if you did not choose to share the content with them. To revoke permissions for your content on MCZ BeM, sign in to your account and then select the specific content to manage the permission levels. Revoking permissions for a link effectively deactivates the link. No one will be able to use the link to access the content unless you decide to share the link again.
Files managed with MCZ BeM are stored separately from files stored with your personal MCZ BeM. MCZ BeM collects and transmits personal data for authentication, such as your email address and password, which will be transmitted to MicroCodeZ and/or to the provider of your Office 365 service.
MicroCodeZ Business e-Management - Mail
MCZ BeM Mail or MCZ Mail: provides features that let you access your emails from our platform, by doing this, we will download and synchronize your email which will allow you later to take control of your emails, i.e move emails to different folders, delete, flag, change unseen status and many more depending on your email provider functionalities and features. By letting us to synchronize your email allows us to download and keep a copy of your email on our servers. This is mostly done via MicroCodeZ Business e-Management platform to keep records of business emails.